Hazelton woman loses everything in fire

A woman in Two Mile has lost everything in a fire Sunday night.

Marianne Kloeckner's house and barn burned down Sunday night.

Marianne Kloeckner's house and barn burned down Sunday night.

A woman in Two Mile has lost everything in a fire Sunday night.

Marianne Kloeckner was woken up by her dog after a fire started in her adjacent barn. The first person she called was her friend Edward Green who arrived to find a fully engulfed house, shop and barn. All five of her structures burned to the ground.

A neighbour helped save about half of her chickens and her goats were able to get away safely.

Green thinks it was an electrical fire.

“Her house was actually built on to an old trailer and the wiring was terrible. We were planning to fix it and rebuild a side of the house and make it into one whole house, instead of having it attached to a trailer. We had already started buying the supplies, wood, sinks. It was very expensive lumber and now it is all gone, lost in the fire.”

A campaign to help rebuild a house for Kloeckner has started. Green said she is fiercely independent and is having a hard time accepting the help. But Green said she deserves it.

“She will literally give the shirt off her back to anyone. If someone needs a ride, she gives it. She is just one of the those people who can’t say no to someone in need. She will bend over backwards to help someone. That’s Marianne.”

For a link to donate, click here.