A Mothers Day barbecue turned sour after a faulty propane tank lit nearby trees

A Mothers Day barbecue turned sour after a faulty propane tank lit nearby trees

Barbecue shoots flames during Mothers Day meal in Smithers

  • May. 8, 2011 1:00 p.m.

Firefighters rushed to the scene of a rapidly growing barbecue fire Sunday.

A Mothers Day meal was being cooked when a propane tank turned faulty and started blowing flames. No one was injured and firefighters were called to tend to what was then a few trees on fire.

By the time firefighters arrived, only minutes later, the fire had quickly spread to an adjacent storage shed and a golf cart.

The house itself was fortunately unharmed by flame and firefighters had the blaze quickly under control.