Guides were celebrated at the Northwest Guide Outfitters Association’s annual general meeting last Saturday in Smithers.
Also present was Wild Sheep Foundation marketing director Garret Long, who presented the association with a $10,000 cheque to help preserve animals for future generations of hunters.
Guides who helped find the largest animals were awarded with belt buckles adorned with the animal they were recognized for:
– Northern moose: Dalmon Oler
– Caribou: Roger Oler
– Mountain goat: Elijah Anderson
– Black bear: Shawn Shlamp.
– Stone sheep: Nathan French
– Central moose: Hawk Steffey